Posted to user@flink.apache.org by "ravi_suryavanshi.yahoo.com via user" <us...@flink.apache.org> on 2023/04/11 03:59:55 UTC

Re: Table API function and expression vs SQL

 Hi,we have decided to use the Table API using Flink SQL syntax (NOT JAVA). Can SQL syntax be changed in the higher version?as per the doc "SQL support is based on Apache Calcite which implements the SQL standard."
Thanks & Regards,Ravi    On Saturday, 25 March, 2023 at 06:21:49 pm IST, Mate Czagany <cz...@gmail.com> wrote:

 Hi,
Please also keep in mind that restoring existing Table API jobs from savepoints when upgrading to a newer minor version of Flink, e.g. 1.16 -> 1.17 is not supported as the topology might change between these versions due to optimizer changes.
See here for more information: https://nightlies.apache.org/flink/flink-docs-master/docs/dev/table/concepts/overview/#stateful-upgrades-and-evolution
Regards,Mate

Hang Ruan <ru...@gmail.com> ezt írta (időpont: 2023. márc. 25., Szo, 13:38):

Hi,
I think the SQL job is better. Flink SQL jobs can be easily shared with others for debugging. And it is more suitable for flow batch integration.For a small part of jobs which can not be expressed through SQL, we will choose a job by DataStream API.
Best,Hang
ravi_suryavanshi.yahoo.com via user <us...@flink.apache.org> 于2023年3月24日周五 17:25写道:

Hello Team,Need your advice on which method is recommended considering don't want to change my query code when the Flink is updated/upgraded to the higher version.
Here I am seeking advice for writing the SQL using java code(Table API  function and Expression) or using pure SQL.
I am assuming that SQL will not have any impact if upgraded to the higher version.
Thanks and Regards,Ravi

Re: Table API function and expression vs SQL

Posted by liu ron <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
Flink SQL follows the standard SQL, so I think SQL syntax will be richer
and richer in higher versions, it will not be changed.

Best,
Ron

liu ron <ro...@gmail.com> 于2023年4月13日周四 10:24写道:

Posted by Shammon FY <zj...@gmail.com>.