Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Jules-Henri Gavetti <jh...@ikoula.com> on 2007/05/11 11:12:07 UTC

Call External Process

Hello,

I like to call an external process with some parameters in a production process.

Do you know where I can find this information ?

Thanks

Jules-Henri

Re: Call External Process

Posted by "G.Venkata Phanindra" <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
   Your Questions are too wage to answer, Please more specific with your
Question.
WIth my understanding for this question, I think external system means
another application, if yes i suggest you to use RPC.

Regards
Phani

--
G.Venkata Phanindra
Mob:: 9849852989

Re: Call External Process

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Jules-Henri,

OFBiz has an internal SOA.
You may use RMI (on an intra-net and using java applications, on
Internet you need at least to have static IP addresses and to correctly
set proxies : harder)
You may also use SOAP or plain HTTP. A good pointer might be looking at
"httpservice" and "SOAPservice" in the controller.xml file of the
webtools component.
Remember if you want to call an OFBiz service externally you have to set
the export tag to true.
Don't forget to secure calls...

Jacques