Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Mario Lassnig <ma...@lassnig.net> on 2012/06/13 11:56:45 UTC

Pig not picking up configuration?

Hi,

I'm getting a lot of deprecation messages when running Pig (version
0.9.2-cdh4.0.0). It seems to me it's not picking up the configuration of yarn/mr2
properly.

For example:

2012-06-13 11:48:03,074 [main] WARN  org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration -
fs.default.name is deprecated. Instead, use fs.defaultFS

But:

# grep -C2 defaultFS /etc/hadoop/conf/core-site.xml
<configuration>
  <property>
   <name>fs.defaultFS</name>
   <value>hdfs://namenode001:8020</value>
  </property>

It actually connects to the namenode alright, so I'm wondering what's going on.

Some jobs seem to fail randomly as well, always with ERROR 2244: Job failed,
hadoop does not return any error message. (LocalJobRunner works though!)

Do you have any idea where I should start looking to fix this?

Thanks
Mario

Re: Pig not picking up configuration?

Posted by Daniel Dai <da...@hortonworks.com>.
The warning message does not seems matter, I also see it every time. Can
you go to the WebUI and pull the error message?