Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/14 21:20:21 UTC

Synapse isn't just SOAP/WSDL [WAS] Re: [VOTE] Graduate Tuscany as a top level project

Noel

Just an aside. Synapse implements a number of standards, and is not limited
to SOAP/WSDL. We have simple samples that take CSV files from FTP and
publish pure XML/JMS. I also think that ServiceMix would like to say they do
more than JBI.

Paul

On 10/13/07, Noel J. Bergman <no...@devtech.com> wrote:

> Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:
>
> > "Tuscany will implement relevant open standards including ..."
>
> As previously noted, the core standards for Tuscany are SCA and SDO, with
> others as desired by the community.  What distinguishes Tuscany from
> ServiceMix from Synapse is:
>
>   Tuscany: SCA / SDO
>   ServiceMix: JBI
>   Synapse: WSDL / SOAP
>
>         --- Noel

Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
paul@wso2.com

Re: Synapse isn't just SOAP/WSDL [WAS] Re: [VOTE] Graduate Tuscany as a top level project

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Agreed.  This is why we have avoided putting JBI in the ServiceMix TLP charter.
In addition, ServiceMix may provide support for SCA in the future, has
JBI and SCA are not incompatible at all (this may be done leveraging
some parts of Tuscany, but not necesseraly, as the only interesting
bit of Tuscany for ServiceMix would be the optional Java programming
model).

FYI, here is the charter for ServiceMix: "an extensible messaging bus
for service integration, mediation and composition".

On 10/14/07, Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Noel
>
> Just an aside. Synapse implements a number of standards, and is not limited
> to SOAP/WSDL. We have simple samples that take CSV files from FTP and
> publish pure XML/JMS. I also think that ServiceMix would like to say they do
> more than JBI.
>
> Paul
>
> On 10/13/07, Noel J. Bergman <no...@devtech.com> wrote:
> >
> > Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:
> >
> > > "Tuscany will implement relevant open standards including ..."
> >
> > As previously noted, the core standards for Tuscany are SCA and SDO, with
> > others as desired by the community.  What distinguishes Tuscany from
> > ServiceMix from Synapse is:
> >
> >   Tuscany: SCA / SDO
> >   ServiceMix: JBI
> >   Synapse: WSDL / SOAP