Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Randy Layman <ra...@aswethink.com> on 2001/06/11 15:46:47 UTC

RE: Tomcat and IIS revisited!

	First, Tomcat must be started before you begin requesting
JSP/servlets.  Otherwise, you will get a 500 (Internal Server) error.  It
doesn't matter, however if you stop and start Tomcat again without starting
IIS - the filter can deal with it.

	Second, it sounds like you have the ISAPI debugging set pretty high.
This is probably good for production but not debugging.  I would suggest
changing the debugging level to DEBUG in the registry and then restart IIS
(the process, not instance)

	Lastly, if you are getting the IIS username/password prompt then its
because you have restricted access to the virtual directory.  Check your
directory permissions in both the NT File Explorer and the IIS console - you
must have public (anonymous) execute permissions for things to work.

	Randy

Request.getAttribute() & Request.remove Attribute()

Posted by Florin Pop <fl...@osd.ro>.
Hi there,

1. can somebody tell me what does the getAttribute & removeAttribute methods
of the request object? How can I use them?

2. how can I remove a parameter from a request before forwarding it to
another jsp or servlet?

10x

Florin