Posted to dev@trafficcontrol.apache.org by Dewayne Richardson <de...@apache.org> on 2018/07/09 15:41:33 UTC

CHANGELOG.MD Update Reminder

Please remember to update the
 https://github.com/apache/trafficcontrol/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md
<https://github.com/apache/trafficcontrol/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md> for any
major features (we all forget that file because it's new) or updates within
the release that would be informative enough.  The top of the file has
guidelines to follow for the file from "Keep a Changelog".

Thanks,

-Dew

Re: CHANGELOG.MD Update Reminder

Posted by Dave Neuman <ne...@apache.org>.
+1, please remember to update the changelog.  This will make the life our
release manager much, much easier.

Thanks,
Dave

Posted by Rawlin Peters <ra...@gmail.com>.
Also, I noticed after it was updated for 2.2 that some of what I added
was put under the 2.2 heading even though it's not in that release. I
suspect other changes should also be moved up to the "Unreleased"
section, so if anyone made changes to CHANGELOG.md in the last few
months please make sure they're in the right release sections. A
simple way to check is to look at the CHANGELOG.md on master:

https://github.com/apache/trafficcontrol/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md

and compare 2.2 against master to see if your changes landed in 2.2 or not:

https://github.com/apache/trafficcontrol/tree/8f4d1ee2aa25000a9d0e17bbf85286c4a7264eab
(version 2.2)
https://github.com/apache/trafficcontrol (master)

If your changes didn't land in 2.2, your changelog updates should be
moved up to the "Unreleased" section.

- Rawlin