Posted to users@ace.apache.org by Marcos Mendez <ma...@jitisoft.com> on 2013/03/28 19:16:30 UTC

ace agent docs

Hi,

New to this project and I think this is going to rock.

I'm looking for documentation on how to manage the different frameworks (eclipse, felix ... karaf, geronimo, virgo). Is there an agent bundle that I can install to tie it into the target deployment? Is there a full example that I can go thru, end to end?

Regards,
Marcos

Re: ace agent docs

Posted by Marcos Mendez <ma...@jitisoft.com>.
thank you!!!!

Re: ace agent docs

Posted by Paul Bakker <pa...@luminis.eu>.

Re: ace agent docs

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.
Hello Marcos,

On Mar 28, 2013, at 14:16 PM, Marcos Mendez <ma...@jitisoft.com> wrote:

> New to this project and I think this is going to rock.
>
> I'm looking for documentation on how to manage the different frameworks (eclipse, felix ... karaf, geronimo, virgo). Is there an agent bundle that I can install to tie it into the target deployment? Is there a full example that I can go thru, end to end?

We have a bundle called the management agent, more precisely: org.apache.ace.managementagent and that is something you should be able to drop into an existing framework.

As you might have seen, we also have a launcher, that embeds this management agent. It launches the framework implementation using the Launcher API (an OSGI standard). So adapting that for other frameworks should be fairly easy as well.

As far as examples go, we have a very simple one:

http://ace.apache.org/user-doc/getting-started.html

Greetings, Marcel