Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by ulf liljensten <ul...@central.sun.com> on 2002/01/17 22:27:57 UTC

Wildcard queries with '-' signs

I need to do wildcard searches on terms with minus signs in them but
can't get it to work (eg. 380-1211, searching for 380-12*  must result
in a hit).

I have created my own Analyzer class that includes minus signs and
numbers in the indexing and it works fine for simple queries using the
QueryParser, but when I use a WildcardQuery against the same index it
does not find any hits. Any ideas? Maybe I should use a PrefixQuery instead?

thanks in advance,

Ulf