Posted to infrastructure-dev@apache.org by Adam Bordelon <ad...@mesosphere.io> on 2015/10/13 08:07:17 UTC

Applying Github PRs to Apache git repos

Is there some automagical way to merge PRs from our github mirror into
the Apache git repo? The Myriad podling has been looking at Mesos'
apply-review.sh (and the in-development apply-review.py), which can
also support ReviewBoard patches, but wanted to ask around to find out
what other projects are using.
Please advise.

Thanks for your help,
-Adam-
Apache Myriad, Apache Mesos

Re: Applying Github PRs to Apache git repos

Posted by Allen Wittenauer <aw...@altiscale.com>.
This just sort of stresses why we need to get a release out.  Something static that can act as a focal point.  The number of blockers heading for that first release is shrinking. :)

Posted by Andrew Bayer <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Allen Wittenauer <aw...@altiscale.com>.

Fwd: Applying Github PRs to Apache git repos

Posted by Andrew Bayer <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Bayer <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.

--
Daan

Re: Applying Github PRs to Apache git repos

Posted by Jake Farrell <jf...@apache.org>.
Hey Adam
The tools you have been looking at are leveraging the commit message hook
that Github supports [1]. Based on the commit message you can close out
pull requests on Github. I also wrote a plugin to rbt that will work with
Github pull requests, code available at [2]. If you have any questions
please let me know

-Jake

[1]:
https://help.github.com/enterprise/11.10.340/user/articles/closing-issues-via-commit-messages/