Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Cameron Childress <ca...@gmail.com> on 2005/03/15 07:28:59 UTC

[users@httpd] HTTPD pausing?

I've got Apache/2.0.46 running on RH ES3 and am experiencing a little
bit of an odd problem.  Apache seems to be periodically pausing before
returning a page.  The pause is noticable and is occuring for both
static files (images and simple html pages) and also on PERL scripts
called through a browser.

I realise I'm not running the most recent version of Apache, but I
don't think that's the cause of this problem as we have a few other
machines running this configuration on this same network segment
without this problem.

I'm guessing this problem could reside in the HTTPD configuation or
elsewhere such a network config, but I haven't seen evidence of a
network slowdown in other parts of this system.

I'm not a complete newbie to Linux/Apache, but I'm also not a seasoned
pro.  Any suggestions of places to look or things to try would be
appreciated.

-Cameron

--
Cameron Childress
Sumo Consulting Inc

Re: [users@httpd] HTTPD pausing?

Posted by Cameron Childress <ca...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 08:30:34 +0000, Eimantas Vaičiūnas
<ei...@sc.vu.lt> wrote:
> Maybe HostnameLookup is turned on and it slows down things with hostname
> conversions from clients' ip addresses?

I considered that, but HostNameLookups is off in the httpd.conf file.
There's no traffic on the box but me, and it happens sporatically
where a page will load, and 3 or 4 images on that page will load, then
an image or two will not load right away - pausing 10 or more seconds
before finally loading.

-Cameron

--
Cameron Childress
Sumo Consulting Inc

Posted by Eimantas Vaičiūnas <ei...@sc.vu.lt>.
Maybe HostnameLookup is turned on and it slows down things with hostname
conversions from clients' ip addresses?
--
Eimantas Vaičiūnas
VU Skaičiavimo centras