Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Erskine, Chris" <ch...@eds.com> on 2004/11/16 13:27:35 UTC

Wild card values with exec task

I have a user who is trying to use the exec task to link a program.  As part
of the command line, he is trying to add the argument *.o to link in all of
the objects.  Using <arg value="*.o" /> does not seem to work.  What is the
right way to pass in a wildcard option?  This is running on a Sun box using
Ant 1.6.2

Chris Erskine

EDS Consulting Services
F5-EDS-001
2424 Garden of the Gods Rd
Colorado Springs, CO  80919

Phone: 719-535-6064

Re: Wild card values with exec task

Posted by Maurice Feskanich <Ma...@Sun.COM>.
I'm guessing the user is exec'ing the linker directly.  Remember, the
exec task has no understanding of wildcards, so the asterisk needs to be
interpreted by a shell.  Try this:

<exec executable="/bin/sh" dir=...>
    <arg value="-c" />
    <arg value="<complete linker command and args>" />
</exec>

Maury