Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Jeffrey Dever <js...@sympatico.ca> on 2003/02/11 04:34:47 UTC

propose a 2.0alpha3 build

I'd like to propose an alpha3 build.  We were going to go right to beta,
but I'd like to do another alpha even if its just for working out the
bugs in the release process.  I wrote a release procedure last time, but
it is still needing some attention before its right.  Also, the alpha2
build was done with j2sdk1.4, this needs to be corrected to jdk1.2.2 for
compatability.

I'd like to do this next weekend, say the 15th.  This will not impact a
pending beta release, which still looks like it will be near the end of
February.

Jandalf.

Re: propose a 2.0alpha3 build

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <o....@dplanet.ch>.
Jandalf
Even though currently HttpClient feels more like a beta, I see sense in
making one more release prior to a full-blown beta, as a shorter
feedback loop is generally a good thing
Cheers
Oleg

Re: propose a 2.0alpha3 build

Posted by Ortwin Glück <or...@nose.ch>.
Jeffrey Dever wrote:
> I'd like to propose an alpha3 build.

+1
This is excellent. There have been many bug fixes gone into CVS since
the alpha2. People helping in testing will like the new release.

Odi

Re: propose a 2.0alpha3 build

Posted by Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu>.
+1 Let's do it.