Posted to dev@slider.apache.org by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/08 19:54:17 UTC

including instance name in quicklinks

Hi,
quicklinks shows useful information for various roles:
http://hor10n01.gq1.ygridcore.net:45853/ws/v1/slider/publisher/slider/quicklinks

Should app instance name be added as well ?
There may be more than one Slider deployed instance running on the same
cluster.

Cheers

Re: including instance name in quicklinks

Posted by Sumit Mohanty <su...@gmail.com>.
I think its mostly a convenience where if I am in the REST tree of a
specific AM do I go back to the root to find out the name of the
cluster/user or can I get it at any level.

Hypothetically, if the registry contained all published data then the URL
would have been descriptive enough.

In the case registry points you to the AM hosted URL and there is no reason
for AM to add further layer of "user" and "application name" to its URL.

-Sumit

On Fri, Aug 8, 2014 at 11:18 AM, Jon Maron <jm...@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> there may be more than one instance running on a given cluster, but the
> publisher endpoint is being exposed by a specific AM instance associated
> with a single application.  It may be a good idea for clarity’s sake, but I
> don’t see the “multiple apps” use case, at least not wrt a given URI...
>
> — Jon
>
> On Aug 8, 2014, at 2:14 PM, Sumit Mohanty <su...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > That will be a good idea.
> >
> > All of the published data is in the context of an application but when
> you
> > are deep inside the rest tree of the AM its not that obvious.
> > I wonder if we should add the application name to the URL itself - the AM
> > URL, e.g.
> http://hor10n01.gq1.ygridcore.net:45853/ws/v1/slider/publisher/
> > *application1*/quicklinks
> > <
> http://hor10n01.gq1.ygridcore.net:45853/ws/v1/slider/publisher/slider/quicklinks
> >.
> > The service registry has a clean structure wrt, naming already.
> >

> > On Fri, Aug 8, 2014 at 10:54 AM, Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >> quicklinks shows useful information for various roles:
> >>

> http://hor10n01.gq1.ygridcore.net:45853/ws/v1/slider/publisher/slider/quicklinks
> >>
> >> Should app instance name be added as well ?
> >> There may be more than one Slider deployed instance running on the same
> >> cluster.
> >>
> >> Cheers
> >>

> > --
> > thanks
> > Sumit
>

> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

thanks
Sumit

Re: including instance name in quicklinks

Posted by Jon Maron <jm...@hortonworks.com>.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: including instance name in quicklinks

Posted by Sumit Mohanty <su...@gmail.com>.
That will be a good idea.

--
thanks