Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jeff Lacki <je...@rahul.net> on 2003/11/16 08:09:51 UTC

[users@httpd] Function not implemented: Couldn't create accept lock

Hi all-

I just rebuilt my RH 9.0 box, new kernel (2.4.22) and apache 2.0.48.

When I try to start apache (apache I built, not from RH), i get the
following in my error log file:

[Sat Nov 15 22:54:04 2003] [emerg] (38)Function not implemented: Couldn't create accept lock

I am using the apachectl in the bin area of the apache I just
built from source, not the one that is in RH since they never seem
to be up to date anyhow.

The only thing different that i know of is that when I rebuilt the kernel
this time I made the networking stuff in modules and turned on the
kernel module loader, instead of building the stuff into the kernel.

Other than that, the config file is identical to what I had before I
rebuilt the machine (same machine, someone hacked into it via sendmail
I believe).  Wont be making that mistake again!

Any ideas?  I dont even know where to start on this one.

Thanks!
Jeff