Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Rajesh Khan <ra...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/04 11:18:11 UTC

What could be the cause of this phenomenon in a LVQ type

I currently have an lvq set up with the following configuration

python qpid-config add queue queue_user    --argument
qpid.last_value_queue_key=val --limit-policy=ring  --max-queue-size=0
--max-queue-count=0

Now when the transmitter stops sending it seems the receiver is still
(fetching) data. Any suggestions why this is happening

Re: What could be the cause of this phenomenon in a LVQ type

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 03/04/2013 10:18 AM, Rajesh Khan wrote:
> I currently have an lvq set up with the following configuration
>
> python qpid-config add queue queue_user    --argument
> qpid.last_value_queue_key=val --limit-policy=ring  --max-queue-size=0
> --max-queue-count=0
>
> Now when the transmitter stops sending it seems the receiver is still
> (fetching) data. Any suggestions why this is happening

Is the receiver browsing? What is the receiver capacity? Obviously there
will always be a small delay between the sender sending the last update
and the client actually getting it. Could you elaborate a little on what
the receiver is doing and how the observed behaviour differs from what
you expect?

Re: What could be the cause of this phenomenon in a LVQ type

Posted by Jakub Scholz <ja...@scholz.cz>.
It might not be related to your problem, but I think it doesn't make sense
to use limit-policy=ring and at the same time max-queue-size=0 and
max-queue-count=0 ... to make the ring type policy work, you need to limit
the queue size.

Jakub