Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jeroen Steggink <Je...@contentstrategy.nl> on 2014/04/28 22:01:29 UTC

spellcheck.q and local parameters

Hi,

I'm having some trouble using the spellcheck.q parameter. The user's query is defined in the qq parameter and q parameter contains several other parameters for boosting.
I would like to use the qq parameter as a default for spellcheck.q.
I tried several ways of adding the qq parameter in the spellcheck.q parameter, but it doesn't seem to work. Is this at all possible or do I need to write a custom QueryConverter?

This is the configuration:

<str name="q"> _query_:"{!edismax qf=$qfQuery pf=$pfQuery bq=$boostQuery bf=$boostFunction v=$qq}"</str>
<str name="spellcheck.q">{!v=$qq}</str>

I haven't included all the variables, because they seem unnecessary.

Regards,
Jeroen

RE: spellcheck.q and local parameters

Posted by Jeroen Steggink <Je...@contentstrategy.nl>.
Thanks James, I was afraid of that. The problem is that spellcheck.q Is not always provided by the users and therefore it gives wrong suggestions. I'll just turn off spellcheck by default.

Cheers,
Jeroen

spellcheck.q is supposed to take a list of raw query terms, so what you're trying to do in your example won't work.  What you should do instead is space-delimit the actual query terms that exist in "qq" and (nothing else) use that for your value of spellcheck.q .

James Dyer
Ingram Content Group
(615) 213-4311