Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Jinsong Hu <ji...@hotmail.com> on 2010/09/09 03:05:43 UTC

how to remove dangling region and table?

Hi,
  I created a table and inserted 1.1 TB data, then I tried to drop the table
and data. I understand that current hbase has a bug,
so I renamed the table to a temp name. and then dropped the temp table.
  However, I found that some of the regions are not renamed to the temp
table and they are still with the original table name.
I tried to physically remove the HFS dir, and restart master and
regionserver, delete it from HDFS again , and restart master/regionserver
again. the regions just continue to hang there. and I can't create a table
with the original name.
  Is there any way I can remove the dangling region and then I can create a
brand new table with original name ?

Jimmy.

Re: how to remove dangling region and table?

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
hbase> scan '.META.'
# Look at output for rows w/ your table mentioned
hbase> delete '.META.', 'ROW_FROM_META_WITH_YOUR_TABLE'

Or you could dump scan to a file

echo "scan '.META.'"|./bin/hbase shell &> /tmp/meta.txt

... figure list of rows to delete

Then write script to delete rows.

St.Ack

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.