Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Yesberg, John" <Jo...@dsto.defence.gov.au> on 2002/11/01 09:24:49 UTC

RE: portlet refresh,why refresh all?

I (with my colleagues) am interested in the same thing.
We are considering creating a new controller that would use
Frames to lay out portlets, rather than a <table>.

I recognise that maybe it's less efficient in terms of the
number of HTTP requests required, but the real issue for me
is that someone might be in the middle of typing up a long
entry into a textbox when another portlet needs to be refreshed.
If all portlets were refreshed, this user would lose everything
already typed - this doesn't allow the portlets to be very
independent.

If we get something working, I'll see if we can submit the
code.

John.