Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Cesar <ce...@uol.com.br> on 2003/06/27 15:54:29 UTC

Password DataBase

    Hi

Somebody knows as to work with encryp password from Data Base in ojb?

[ ]´s

Re: Password DataBase

Posted by "David C. Hicks" <dh...@i-hicks.org>.
I added a password encryption capability to a security framework back in
the fall using OJB as my persistence mechanism.  OJB itself had nothing
to do with the encryption, though - only as persistence.  I simply used
a Blowfish implementation to encrypt the passwords and then had OJB
store that data in a VARBINARY type field (I used Oracle's RAW type).
You have to leave enough room in your receiving field to hold any
padding bytes that your encryption algorithm may add.  Otherwise, it's
very straightforward.

Re: Password DataBase

Posted by "David C. Hicks" <dh...@i-hicks.org>.
If you don't already know the password, you'll need your administrator
to change it for you.  OJB isn't going to help you in this regard
because most database vendors don't publish their encryption keys.

Re: Password DataBase

Posted by Cesar <ce...@uol.com.br>.
Hi Thomas

Re: Password DataBase