Posted to dev@river.apache.org by Dennis Reedy <de...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/02 21:43:51 UTC

Custard Apple (was Re: River Musings)

> On Sep 1, 2015, at 1028AM, Bryan Thompson <br...@systap.com> wrote:
>
> I am good with that.  Keeping net.jini makes perfect sense in terms of the
> standardization process that went into river.
>
> What are the steps to a release then?
>
> Are there any reasons not to bring the branch in which Dennis did the
> renaming to the trunk?
>
> We do need to get the custard-apply code committed as code (rather than a
> source jar).

Yes, this is important.

I’m just trying out the build from qa-refactor-namspace, and when I try and run including the newly built jsk-platform artifact as a (runtime) dependency (using it as an artifact to create a classpath to start a JVM with) I get:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/cliffc/high_scale_lib/NonBlockingHashMap
	at org.apache.river.api.security.CombinerSecurityManager.<init>(CombinerSecurityManager.java:124)
	at org.apache.river.api.security.CombinerSecurityManager.<init>(CombinerSecurityManager.java:110)
	at org.apache.river.start.ServiceStarter.ensureSecurityManager(ServiceStarter.java:307)
	at org.apache.river.start.ServiceStarter.main(ServiceStarter.java:472)

Easy enough fix, add a dependency into jsk-platform’s pom for “com.boundary:high-scale-lib:1.0.6”. Once thats done, now we get:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: au/net/zeus/collection/Ref
	at org.apache.river.api.security.CombinerSecurityManager.<init>(CombinerSecurityManager.java:127)
	at org.apache.river.api.security.CombinerSecurityManager.<init>(CombinerSecurityManager.java:110)
	at org.apache.river.start.ServiceStarter.ensureSecurityManager(ServiceStarter.java:307)
	at org.apache.river.start.ServiceStarter.main(ServiceStarter.java:472)

Currently jsk-platform has ClassPath manifest entries for high-scale-lib.jar and custard-apple-1.0.3.jar. Since these jars will not be in the same directory as the jsk-platform-version.jar thats resolved to your local maven repository we need to add them as dependencies, or use ClassDep to add them into jsk-platform.jar.

Since “com.boundary:high-scale-lib:1.0.6” is available via central, may not need to add this into jsk-platform.jar, but for now I suggest we add  au/net/zeus/collection/* into jsk-platform.jar to avoit this issue.

Dennis