Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Philippe Carton <pc...@webi.co.jp> on 2001/01/29 11:02:45 UTC

DTD and Namespaces

Hi everyone,

Does anybody know how Xerces handle DTDs and namespaces when they are
combined? The 2.0.0 alpha version of Xerces reacts totally differently than
the 1.2.3. I just can't make it work any more. I want to use a namespace in
my XML and validate it against a DTD but the 2.0.0 parser just can't swallow
it. Removing the namespace in the XML works fine. On the other hand, Xerces
1.2.3 has no problem with namespaces.
So apparently there has been some philosohical changes but it does not seem
to be documented anywhere. I guess W3C compliance is the reason behind but
does that mean namespaces are officially not supported?

Philippe Carton

Strategic product development
Webi Labs.
Tokyo, Japan