Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Lars Heinemann <la...@compart.net> on 2008/03/07 08:15:19 UTC

How to connect an external java application to smx via JMS?

Hi,

currently I am trying to connect a bigger java application to the servicemix.
My first task is to do a one-way communication from smx to the application.
This will be used to provide documents to the application coming from
different BC's in the smx bus. (mostly binary data)

My idea was to create a camel jms router which only throws all incoming
messages into a given JMS queue. The application then has to implement a JMS
client and poll the queue to retrieve the messages stored there.

Is this a good beginning or should I do it in a different way?
And if it's ok, is there somewhere a tutorial for connecting to a JMS queue
from a java application (how to write a jms client) ?

Thanks in advance,
Lars