Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by MARTIN Paul <pa...@rta.nsw.gov.au> on 2000/09/26 10:36:24 UTC

Running Out of Memory

As kindly pointed out in a reply from Keiron Liddle to my "PROBLEM WITH FOP"
message (please see details in
that message/reply), my application seems to be running out of memory.
Besides using the -mx option to increase
the amount of memory available, are there any tips for reducing the amount
of memory required ?
For example, I suspect that some of the attributes in the fot file may not
be absolutely necessary. Would removing
some of these reduce the amount of memory required ??
Please note that these fot files are not very large by any means (see eg. in
"PROBLEM WITH FOP" message).