Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by 吴宗远 <zo...@alibaba-inc.com> on 2011/10/18 06:58:24 UTC

advise for a new feature

Hi all,

I have a question when using HBase recently. In our system, the rows of data is divided into blocks and I want to the rows in the same block always in the same region.
Can I rewrite the split-related code to realize this feature, does it will have some side-effect on others features ?
Does hbase will consider this feature?
Thanks
sincerely yours!

                                                                                                                                   Zongyuan.wu
                                                                                                                                                     2011.10.18

This email (including any attachments) is confidential and may be legally privileged. If you received this email in error, please delete it immediately and do not copy it or use it for any purpose or disclose its contents to any other person. Thank you.

本电邮(包括任何附件)可能含有机密资料并受法律保护。如您不是正确的收件人,请您立即删除本邮件。请不要将本电邮进行复制并用作任何其他用途、或透露本邮件之内容。谢谢。

Re: advise for a new feature

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Are block boundaries known at the time of table creation ?
If so, you can presplit the table using block boundaries and choose large
region size to disable region split.

I assume your use case isn't as simple as the above assumption.