Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by "J.J. Sestrich" <js...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/18 02:22:23 UTC

Replication through a proxy

Hi All,
I had a brief conversation with davisp via #couchdb and he suggested I
pose my question to this mailing list.

I am attempting to initiate replication between two couchdb nodes with
a proxy sitting in between and I have been following directions here:
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Replication#Replicating_through_a_proxy

When I add the "proxy" parameter to this request, it appears to get
ignored silently by couch. I don't see anything about the proxy in the
logs, and couch itself never initiates any sort of TCP traffic towards
the proxy.

davisp suggested that perhaps this is working in 1.1 and that fdmanana
might have created support for this recently. Can anyone confirm
existence/non-existence of proxy support for replication?

I am currently using v1.0.1 but can try other versions if necessary.

Thanks for any help,
JJ

Re: Replication through a proxy

Posted by "J.J. Sestrich" <js...@gmail.com>.
1.0.2 Appears to be working as expected.

Thank you for the suggestion,
JJ

Posted by Filipe David Manana <fd...@apache.org>.

--