Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by sarvesh mulay <mu...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2006/04/10 15:23:10 UTC

Help requierd on PCL serializer

Hi John,
              Let me introduce myself first. Myself Sarvesh Mulay, working as a Software Engg in a MNC. We are using cocoon framework in our project and we require your help in this regard.
  Our requirement is that we are currently generating PDF reports (in a web based application) using cocoon, now we want that the same PDF report should be sent directly to the printer, instead of a browser. But the format should be PDF.
  We understand that the PDF stream (sent through java pgm) cannot be recognized by all printers, so we have to use  PCL serializer for this.
  Please suggest whether this is correct approach and if at all we can use PCL.
  Also provide some docs abt PCL (searched on apache site could'nt get much info).

Cyio,
  Sarvesh