Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Jacco van Schaik <ja...@nlr.nl> on 2019/06/20 08:55:39 UTC

How to set credentials for "PLAIN" authentication?

Hello,

I am trying to find out how to set credentials for SASL PLAIN
authentication.

I am using the C API, version 0.28.0, and I've found I need to call
pn_sasl_set_allow_insecure_mechs to be able to send a password over an
unencrypted line (this is just for testing, I'm hoping to progress to
SSL soon).

But I've not found how to actually set the username and password to use.
The description of pn_sasl_get_user talks about the
"pn_transport_set_user_password" function, but that doesn't seem to
exist.

So, how can I set a username and password?

Groeten,					- Jacco

--
+--------------------------+ It's 10:40 CEST on Thursday June 20 2019.
|  www.jaccovanschaik.net  |

Re: How to set credentials for "PLAIN" authentication?

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 20/06/2019 9:55 am, Jacco van Schaik wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to find out how to set credentials for SASL PLAIN
> authentication.
>
> I am using the C API, version 0.28.0, and I've found I need to call
> pn_sasl_set_allow_insecure_mechs to be able to send a password over an
> unencrypted line (this is just for testing, I'm hoping to progress to
> SSL soon).
>
> But I've not found how to actually set the username and password to use.
> The description of pn_sasl_get_user talks about the
> "pn_transport_set_user_password" function, but that doesn't seem to
> exist.
>
> So, how can I set a username and password?

Try pn_connection_set_user and pn_connection_set_password.