Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Meryl Silverburgh <si...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/31 15:49:48 UTC

Is subversion 1.5.1 backward compatible with subversion 1.4.3

Hi,

Can I use subversion 1.5.1 client to talk to a subversion server
running with subversion 1.4.3?
Will that cause any problem?

Thank you.

Re: Is subversion 1.5.1 backward compatible with subversion 1.4.3

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 11:49, Meryl Silverburgh
<si...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can I use subversion 1.5.1 client to talk to a subversion server
> running with subversion 1.4.3?
> Will that cause any problem?

Within 1.x, all versions are compatible via the network protocols.
Some features will be disabled when using mismatching versions.

See the compatibility matrix on
http://subversion.tigris.org/svn_1.5_releasenotes.html