Posted to dev@manifoldcf.apache.org by Farzad Valad <ho...@farzad.net> on 2011/08/03 16:57:06 UTC

Reseting Manifoldcf

What would be the sequence of commands to automate to reset ManifoldCF
and flush out user data?  I've been doing it through the UI and it is
very tedious.  Much rather have a batch file to do the job.  Thanks!

Re: Reseting Manifoldcf

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
The code on trunk looks like this:

        public static void main(String[] args)
        {
                if (args.length < 5)
                {
                        System.err.println("Usage:
DefineRepositoryConnection <connection_name> <description>
<connector_class> <authority_name> <pool_max> <param1>=<value1> ...");
                        System.exit(1);
                }

                String connectionName = args[0];
                String description = args[1];
                String connectorClass = args[2];
                String authorityName = args[3];
                String poolMax = args[4];

<<<<<<

So it requires 5 parameters, not 4.

Karl

On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 6:23 PM, Farzad Valad <ho...@farzad.net> wrote:
> Thanks for the link.  I was readying chapter 3 of the book.  So I'm issuing
> the command with what I think is the 4 basic parms it needs, but I keep
> getting the Usage statement.  The code says "if (args.length < 4)" and I'm
> counting 4 parms, what gives?
>
> processes\script\executecommand.bat
> org.apache.manifoldcf.crawler.DefineRepositoryConnection FileShare FileShare
> org.apache.manifoldcf.crawler.connectors.filesystem.FileConnector 30
>
> Usage: DefineRepositoryConnection <connection_name> <description>
> <connector_class> <authority_name> <pool_max> <param1>=<value1> ...
>

> On 8/8/2011 11:11 AM, Karl Wright wrote:
>>
>> Hi Farzad,
>>
>> Either the api service or the command are, I believe, capable of doing
>> all of these.
>>
>> Have a look at this link for some idea of how to do either of these.
>>
>> http://incubator.apache.org/connectors/programmatic-operation.html
>>
>> Karl
>>
>> On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 12:05 PM, Farzad Valad<ho...@farzad.net>  wrote:
>>>
>>> I took sometime to read and learn about the API service.  Here are the
>>> specifics, I want to be able to do the following with one invocation of
>>> something, is that doable?  Prefer a batch file, but understand if I have
>>> use something else.
>>>
>>> 1) Delete any jobs in the system  (Purpose: Clear out my data stored in
>>> my
>>> connector db table)
>>> 2) Delete the repository connector (Purpose: Clear out the stored logs)
>>> 2) Delete the output connector (Purpose: Clear out the stored logs)
>>> 3) Unregister my connector (Purpose: Zap the db table)
>>> 4) Reregister my connector
>>> 5) Define the repository connector
>>> 6) Define the output connector

Re: Reseting Manifoldcf