Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Marko111 <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2008/08/25 14:47:26 UTC

NMS and message groups

Hi everyone,

I am having a problem with message groups. Can someone please send me an
example of how to use message  grouping feature with NMS. I tried using
"NMSXGroupID" property like this:

IMessage message1 = producer.CreateTextMessage("Message Body");
message1.Properties["NMSXGroupID"] = "Group 1";

IMessage message2 = producer.CreateTextMessage("Message Body");
message1.Properties["NMSXGroupID"] = "Group 1";

IMessage message3 = producer.CreateTextMessage("Message Body");
message1.Properties["NMSXGroupID"] = "Group 2";

producer.Send(message1);
producer.Send(message2);
producer.Send(message3);

I created two consumer applications but first consumer receives message1 and
then second consumer receives receives message2 but message1 and message2
have the same group id!

Please help

Re: NMS and message groups

Posted by Vadim Chekan <ko...@gmail.com>.
Actually why GroupID is not in IMessage?

--
>From RFC 2631: In ASN.1, EXPLICIT tagging is implicit unless IMPLICIT
is explicitly specified

Re: NMS and message groups

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.

Re: NMS and message groups

Posted by Marko111 <ma...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks,

Re: NMS and message groups

Posted by Jim Gomes <e....@gmail.com>.
Hopefully, it is working now.  It definitely wasn't before, though.

I'm OK with leaving the NMSXGroupID as-is for now.  It can be set on the
IMessage interface now, so the functionality is there.

Re: NMS and message groups

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.

Re: NMS and message groups

Posted by Jim Gomes <e....@gmail.com>.
Hi James,

There was an implementation gap on this area.  I refactored this area of the
code.  Feel free to look over it to make sure I did things right.  I wanted
to make the IMessage.Properties transparent to use and interchangeable with
the SetObjectProperty/GetObjectProperty functions.

A user should now be able to set the extended properties on ActiveMQMessage
from the IMessage.Properties interface by matching the property names.

I am surprised that the NMSXGroupID is not part of the main IMessage
interface, as I think it is part of the JMS spec (JMSXGroupID), isn't it?

Best,
Jim

Re: NMS and message groups

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
Am wondering if this is a bug. There's a definite property on the
ActiveMQMessage.NMSXGroupID.

e.g.

ActiveMQMessage msg = ...
msg.NMSXGroupID = "Group1";

Maybe the properties in IMessage.Properties are not correctly copied
across to the right property?

Taking a look at MessagePropertyHelper - it seems the
GetObjectProperty / SetObjectProperty need to use introspection to
determine all the available properties on the ActiveMQMessage class
and call the correct property setter method - rather than passing them
in the generic properties map.

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/activemq/activemq-dotnet/Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ/trunk/src/main/csharp/OpenWire/MessagePropertyHelper.cs?revision=590096&view=markup

We should raise a JIRA for this

2008/8/25 Marko111 <ma...@yahoo.com>:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I am having a problem with message groups. Can someone please send me an
> example of how to use message  grouping feature with NMS. I tried using
> "NMSXGroupID" property like this:
>
> IMessage message1 = producer.CreateTextMessage("Message Body");
> message1.Properties["NMSXGroupID"] = "Group 1";
>
> IMessage message2 = producer.CreateTextMessage("Message Body");
> message1.Properties["NMSXGroupID"] = "Group 1";
>
> IMessage message3 = producer.CreateTextMessage("Message Body");
> message1.Properties["NMSXGroupID"] = "Group 2";
>
> producer.Send(message1);
> producer.Send(message2);
> producer.Send(message3);
>
> I created two consumer applications but first consumer receives message1 and
> then second consumer receives receives message2 but message1 and message2
> have the same group id!
>
> Please help

James
-------