Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Ro...@sungard.com on 2012/08/31 10:35:50 UTC

Backporting fixes to 1.6.x

Dear jackrabbit-DEVs,

during maintenance of our product distribution we have backported several fixes to the 1.6.4 code base, mostly affecting problems in the area of XA transaction handling.

I'm wondering if there is any interest in applying those fixes to the official 1.6.x branch and potentially cutting a 1.6.6 release. If so, I would happily volunteer to provide relevant patches.

Relevant tickets are:
- JCR-2712
- JCR-2753
- JCR-2820
- JCR-2855
- JCR-3065
- JCR-2523
- JCR-2901
- JCR-1440
- JCR-3067
- JCR-3267

Thanks and kind regards
Robert

Robert Sauer . Chief Architect - Infinity . SunGard . Global Business Services and Technology . Solmsstraße 18, 60486 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Tel +49 69 70768 572 . Mobile +49 176 1111 0181 . robert.sauer@sungard.com . www.sungard.com/infinity

Join the online conversation with SunGard's customers, partners and industry experts and find an event near you at: www.sungard.com/ten.
CONFIDENTIALITY: This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential, proprietary and privileged information, and unauthorized disclosure or use is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete this e-mail from your system.

SunGard Systeme GmbH . Registered: Frankfurt am Main, Handelsregister Frankfurt HRB 56839 . Geschäftsführer: Harold Finders, Christian U. Haas, Henry Morton Miller Jr., Victoria E. Silbey

Re: Backporting fixes to 1.6.x

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 10:35 AM,  <Ro...@sungard.com> wrote:
> during maintenance of our product distribution we have backported several fixes to the
> 1.6.4 code base, mostly affecting problems in the area of XA transaction handling.
>
> I'm wondering if there is any interest in applying those fixes to the official 1.6.x branch
> and potentially cutting a 1.6.6 release. If so, I would happily volunteer to provide relevant
> patches.

We already declared Jackrabbit 1.x to have reached its end of life,
and recommend people to upgrade to 2.x. Is there something in
particular that's blocking you from upgrading? The upgrade should be
fairly straightforward.

That said, if you're willing to do the work of backporting all fixes
and submitting the changes as patches, then obviously we'd be happy to
commit the changes and cut a release.

BR,

Jukka Zitting