Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by rohit2006 <ro...@yahoo.com> on 2006/07/29 10:37:38 UTC

Re: Users - Multiple images and thumbnail images

hi,

i got a bit of code that can create new images from existing images. I need
some help in integrating this code with the ofbiz. The idea is to create
smaller thumbnails from the larger images, if the thumbnail do not exist.

This code uses ImageIO API,
http://www.nabble.com/user-files/144/JPEGImageIO.java JPEGImageIO.java

This code uses Java Advanced Imaging API
http://www.nabble.com/user-files/146/JPEGJai.java JPEGJai.java

This code uses Java2D API
http://www.nabble.com/user-files/145/JPEGJ2d.java JPEGJ2d.java

I am not sure which can be the best for ofbiz, so i have included all three
of them. I was not really able to get them work with Ofbiz due to my limited
knowlegde of ofbiz. If anyone can integrate them or guide me how to do it, i
will really appreciate it.

Thanks

rohit
Sent from the OFBiz - User forum at Nabble.com.

Re: Users - Multiple images and thumbnail images

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
As it was created before I think it's ok to let it there. Too much complication (duplication for instance) is not good ;o)

Jacques

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
I apologize.. thought it was new.
no just leave it there.

Rohit Sureka sent the following on 7/29/2006 7:04 AM:

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
No problem Rohit, in an afterthought I guessed that you did not do that purposely ;o)

And another thanks to Chris to have noticed it !

Jacques

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
From: "Chris Howe" <cj...@yahoo.com>

> Those files appear to be licensed by Sun under BSD +.
>
> http://access1.sun.com/techarticles/ImagingApps/JImage.html
> However, the uploaded files do not appear to contain a
> copy of the license as is one of the conditions of the
> license.

Thanks to let us know Chris. And, rrrr, this is *bad* Rohit except if you did not know.

Jacques

Posted by Chris Howe <cj...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Posted by Midhat Ali <mi...@gmail.com>.
I have only seen the first file u sent. the general methd o adding a service
to OFBiz application is
1. implement the functionality as a utility class, without any startup
methods like main etc.  ur current file is an executable class. save the
class in the package hieraricy in the src folder of the application.

2. add a service to the services.xml file lke this

    <service name="getBOMTree" default-entity-name="ProductAssoc"
engine="java"
            location="org.ofbiz.manufacturing.bom.BOMServices"
invoke="getBOMTree">
        <description>Returns a BOMTree (an object that represents a
configured bill of material tree in memory). Useful for tree traversal
(breakdown, explosion, implosion).</description>
        <attribute mode="IN" name="productId" optional="false"
type="String"/>
        <attribute mode="IN" name="type" optional="true" type="Integer"/>
        <attribute mode="IN" name="fromDate" optional="true" type="String"/>
        <attribute mode="IN" name="bomType" optional="false" type="String"/>
        <attribute mode="IN" name="quantity" optional="true" type="Double"/>
        <attribute mode="IN" name="amount" optional="true" type="Double"/>
        <attribute mode="OUT" name="tree" optional="true" type="
org.ofbiz.manufacturing.bom.BOMTree"/>
    </service>

location specifies the classfile and invoke specifies the methid in the
class. attributes are the method attributes.

3. add a request URI to controller.xml to invoke th eservice like
    <request-map uri="runBomSimulation">
        <security https="true" auth="true"/>
        <event type="service" invoke="getBOMTree"/>
        <response name="success" type="view" value="BomSimulation"/>
    </request-map>

4. link to the request map using hyperlink or form.

hope it helps