Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Eddie <zt...@yahoo.com> on 2013/11/08 19:35:54 UTC

Redirect error log

Hi Guys,

I am seeing a lot of entries in the error log for my url redirect request. The request was processed correctly
I could see the expected response in log as well:

              2013-11-08 18:23:37 <IP>  301 FIN http://yahoo.com http://www.yahoo.com/

But log messages like following were printed too:

              20131108.18h23m37s RESPONSE: sent <IP> status 404 (Not Found on Accelerator) for 'http:///'
              20131108.18h23m37s RESPONSE: sent <IP> status 301 (Redirect) for 'http:///'

I watched my tcpdump log and did not see that the 404 error was sent out at all. I am using ATS/3.2.4 and following
is the log configuration.

CONFIG proxy.config.log.logging_enabled INT 3
>CONFIG proxy.config.log.max_secs_per_buffer INT 1
>CONFIG proxy.config.log.max_space_mb_for_logs INT 25000
>CONFIG proxy.config.log.max_space_mb_for_orphan_logs INT 25
>CONFIG proxy.config.log.max_space_mb_headroom INT 1000
>CONFIG proxy.config.log.hostname STRING localhost
>CONFIG proxy.config.log.logfile_dir STRING var/log/trafficserver
>CONFIG proxy.config.log.logfile_perm STRING rw-r--r--
>CONFIG proxy.config.log.custom_logs_enabled INT 1
>CONFIG proxy.config.log.squid_log_enabled INT 0
>CONFIG proxy.config.log.squid_log_is_ascii INT 0
>CONFIG proxy.config.log.squid_log_name STRING squid
>CONFIG proxy.config.log.squid_log_header STRING NULL
>CONFIG proxy.config.log.common_log_enabled INT 0
>CONFIG proxy.config.log.common_log_is_ascii INT 1
>CONFIG proxy.config.log.common_log_name STRING common
>CONFIG proxy.config.log.common_log_header STRING NULL
>CONFIG proxy.config.log.extended_log_enabled INT 0
>CONFIG proxy.config.log.extended_log_is_ascii INT 0
>CONFIG proxy.config.log.extended_log_name STRING extended
>CONFIG proxy.config.log.extended_log_header STRING NULL
>CONFIG proxy.config.log.extended2_log_enabled INT 0
>CONFIG proxy.config.log.extended2_log_is_ascii INT 1
>CONFIG proxy.config.log.extended2_log_name STRING extended2
>CONFIG proxy.config.log.extended2_log_header STRING NULL
>CONFIG proxy.config.log.separate_icp_logs INT 0
>CONFIG proxy.config.log.separate_host_logs INT 0

Is this a bug or is this a misconfiguration? Does anyone have any idea?

Thanks

Eddie

Re: Redirect error log

Posted by James Peach <jp...@apache.org>.
On Nov 11, 2013, at 6:41 AM, Eddie <zt...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi  guys,
>
> Does anyone have any idea about the problem? I just tried ATS4.01 and had the similar problem. The url redirect request was correctly processed but the
> two lines also showed up in log. (404 error followed by 301).

Hi Eddie,

Thanks for filing https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TS-2344. I'll try to take a look over the next week or so.

Re: Redirect error log

Posted by James Peach <jp...@apache.org>.