Posted to dev@devicemap.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2016/08/18 10:15:07 UTC

Leaving the DeviceMap project and PMC

Hi,

I haven't done any coding in DeviceMap for a very long time, and I'm
not planning to become active again - I stayed on the PMC mostly to
help with community aspects when the project graduated, and there's
not much happening in terms of community anyway.

So I have decided to leave the PMC as well as resign from being a
DeviceMap committer.

This might mean having to shut down this project, as it currently has
only 3 PMC members (including myself) which is the minimum for a
viable ASF project.

I don't think there's enough momentum anyway to have a successful ASF
project, so it's probably better for whoever might want to do that to
continue elsewhere.

-Bertrand