Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Gamache, Joe" <Jo...@FMR.COM> on 2004/08/10 16:06:31 UTC

Comments on "new" style ant documentation

Hi, I'm just sending this feedback into the list for what it might be
worth.  I don't subscribe, but the webpage indicated that this was the
best (only?) way to send in feedback...

I don't really care that much for the new style of documentation (see
subant description, follow the links under:
http://ant.apache.org/manual/index.html )  for two reasons: first and
foremost it is inconsistent.  Isn't this like software 101?  Consistency
should come first, imo, if you want to change the format, then cut it
all over once it all has been converted.  Second, and far more
practically, the default values are not provided for the parameters!
(at least in the case of target subant...)

thanks,

Joe Gamache