Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Liam O'Boyle <li...@intelligencebank.com> on 2011/02/01 01:06:45 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_fcgid with php CGI hangs on interrupted downloads

Hi there,

I'm having an issue with downloads through PHP when using mod_fcgid;
if the download is interrupted before it's complete, the php-cgi
process seems to block until the execution timeout is reached, rather
than aborting immediately.  Further requests to the server by the same
user that interrupted the download hang until the process aborts and
the php-cgi process starts serving more requests, but requests by
other users do not appear to be affected.

It doesn't appear to be a PHP problem, as the same code, when run
using mod_php, executes correctly.

Does anyone have any suggestions that I could look into to fix this?

A full explanation is up on ServerFault -
http://serverfault.com/questions/226464/php-fcgid-hangs-if-download-interrupted

Thanks for any help,

Liam