Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org> on 2014/10/16 17:54:08 UTC

[VOTE] Accept Taverna into the Apache Incubator

Following the discussion earlier in the thread:

https://www.mail-archive.com/general@incubator.apache.org/msg45241.html

I would like to call a Vote for accepting Taverna as a new incubator
project.

The proposal is available at:

https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/TavernaProposal

Vote is open until at least Sunday, 19th October 2014, 23:59:00 UTC

  [ ] +1 accept Lens in the Incubator
  [ ] ±0
  [ ] -1 because...

Only Votes from Incubator PMC members are binding, but everyone is
welcome to contribute to the process.

	Andy

Re: [VOTE] Accept Taverna into the Apache Incubator

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.
+ 1 (binding).

Suresh

@Andy a typo, "+1 accept Lens in the Incubator” -> “+1 accept taverna in the Incubator”.

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.
> On Oct 16, 2014, at 9:54 AM, Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Following the discussion earlier in the thread:
>
> https://www.mail-archive.com/general@incubator.apache.org/msg45241.html
>
> I would like to call a Vote for accepting Taverna as a new incubator project.
>
> The proposal is available at:
>
> https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/TavernaProposal
>
> Vote is open until at least Sunday, 19th October 2014, 23:59:00 UTC
>
> [ ] +1 accept Lens in the Incubator
> [ ] ±0
> [ ] -1 because…

+1 (binding)

—- Leif

Re: [VOTE] Accept Taverna into the Apache Incubator

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
On Thu, Oct 16, 2014 at 8:54 AM, Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org> wrote:
> Following the discussion earlier in the thread:
>
> https://www.mail-archive.com/general@incubator.apache.org/msg45241.html
>
> I would like to call a Vote for accepting Taverna as a new incubator
> project.
>
> The proposal is available at:
>
> https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/TavernaProposal
>
> Vote is open until at least Sunday, 19th October 2014, 23:59:00 UTC
>
>  [ ] +1 accept Lens in the Incubator
>  [ ] ±0
>  [ ] -1 because...

+1 (binding)

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: [] Accept Taverna into the Apache Incubator

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
yes - s/Lens/Taverna/

(sigh)

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
+1 for incubation, looks like a vibrant community and I like the fact
that it's OSGi-based!

-Bertrand

Re: [VOTE] Accept Taverna into the Apache Incubator

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.
+1 (binding)

Ralph

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
On 16/10/14 18:47, sebb wrote:
> [...]

Homogeneous Developers

The committers' list includes many people from the myGrid group from the
University of Manchester in United Kingdom - but these developers have been
working on a range of distributed and European projects in the field of
scientific software.

The other developers on the committers' list come from many different
projects and institutions across the world, e.g. Russia, Canada, Germany
and Spain.

Reliance on Salaried Developers

Development of Taverna is mainly performed as part of the developers'
salaried work, but funded through many different projects at several
institutions (see above). These projects do not generally have "contribute
to Taverna" as their main goals - so therefore in many ways the effort is
still volunteer-based - contributing to Taverna as a way to support one's

 From our experience of running Taverna over the last 10 years, new

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by jan i <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
+1 - binding

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (3980)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
+1 binding

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Suresh Srinivas <su...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (binding)

Sent from phone

On Oct 16, 2014, at 3:43 PM, Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org> wrote:

>>  [ ] +1 accept Taverna in the Incubator
>>  [ ] ±0
>>  [ ] -1 because...
>
> +1 (binding)
>
>    Andy

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: [VOTE] Accept Taverna into the Apache Incubator

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jake Farrell <jf...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

-Jake

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Accept Taverna into the Apache Incubator

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <so...@cs.manchester.ac.uk>.
On behalf of the Taverna community, thank you for all your support!

On 20 October 2014 08:46, Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org> wrote:
> To: general@incubator.apache.org
>
> This VOTE passes with 13 +1 binding votes
>
> Suresh Marru
> Alan D. Cabrera
> jan I
> Ralph Goers
> Bertrand Delacretaz
> Andy Seaborne
> Suresh Srinivas
> Chris Mattmann
> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
> Jake Farrel
> Leif Hedstrom
> Jean-Louis Monteiro
> Roman Shaposhnik
>
> and no 0's or -1's
>
> I'll start the podling setup process.
>
> Thank you everyone.
>
>         Andy
>
> On 16/10/14 16:54, Andy Seaborne wrote:
>>
>> Following the discussion earlier in the thread:
>>
>> https://www.mail-archive.com/general@incubator.apache.org/msg45241.html
>>
>> I would like to call a Vote for accepting Taverna as a new incubator
>> project.
>>
>> The proposal is available at:
>>
>> https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/TavernaProposal
>>
>> Vote is open until at least Sunday, 19th October 2014, 23:59:00 UTC
>>
>>   [ ] +1 accept Taverna in the Incubator
>>   [ ] ±0
>>   [ ] -1 because...
>>
>> Only Votes from Incubator PMC members are binding, but everyone is
>> welcome to contribute to the process.

Stian Soiland-Reyes, myGrid team
School of Computer Science
The University of Manchester
http://soiland-reyes.com/stian/work/ http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718

[RESULT] [VOTE] Accept Taverna into the Apache Incubator

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
To: general@incubator.apache.org

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com>.
+1

Very interesting!

> +1 (binding)
>
> Regards
> JB
>
> On 10/16/2014 05:54 PM, Andy Seaborne wrote:
>
>> Following the discussion earlier in the thread:
>>
>> https://www.mail-archive.com/general@incubator.apache.org/msg45241.html
>>
>> I would like to call a Vote for accepting Taverna as a new incubator
>> project.
>>
>> The proposal is available at:
>>
>> https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/TavernaProposal
>>
>> Vote is open until at least Sunday, 19th October 2014, 23:59:00 UTC
>>
>>   [ ] +1 accept Lens in the Incubator
>>   [ ] ±0
>>   [ ] -1 because...
>>
>> Only Votes from Incubator PMC members are binding, but everyone is
>> welcome to contribute to the process.
>>
>>      Andy

> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
> jbonofre@apache.org
> http://blog.nanthrax.net
> Talend - http://www.talend.com

Jean-Louis

Re: [VOTE] Accept Taverna into the Apache Incubator

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1 (binding)

Regards
JB

On 10/16/2014 05:54 PM, Andy Seaborne wrote:
> Following the discussion earlier in the thread:
>
> https://www.mail-archive.com/general@incubator.apache.org/msg45241.html
>
> I would like to call a Vote for accepting Taverna as a new incubator
> project.
>
> The proposal is available at:
>
> https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/TavernaProposal
>
> Vote is open until at least Sunday, 19th October 2014, 23:59:00 UTC
>
>   [ ] +1 accept Lens in the Incubator
>   [ ] ±0
>   [ ] -1 because...
>
> Only Votes from Incubator PMC members are binding, but everyone is
> welcome to contribute to the process.
>
>      Andy

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org