Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Gregor Rayman <gr...@gmx.net> on 2001/07/13 12:53:44 UTC

Nested classes

Hi all,

I am using an ActionForm with a collection of Rows which should be
editable.

My ActionForm contains a property getRow(int i) which returns a bean
with the row's properties.

Everything work perfectly, when the class returned from getRow(int) is
a standalone class. But as soon as I make this class a nested class
of my ActionForm, struts complains, if cannot find property setters:

This works:

public class MyForm ... {
    public MyRow getRow(int i) {
        ...;
    }
}

public class MyRow {
    public setProperty(String value) {
        ...;
    }
}

This does not: (cannot find property setter for row[0].property)

public class MyForm ... {
    public MyRow getRow(int i) {
        ...;
    }

public static class MyRow {
    public setProperty(String value) {
        ...;
    }
}

I'd really like to use nested classes. Is there a way?

--
gR

Struts and Orion 1.5.2

Posted by Nicky Eshkenazi <es...@michaels.com>.
Hey you all,

I am trying to run the example that comes with Struts in the process of my
evaluation and I am getting the following error:

500 Internal Server Error
javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Missing message for key index.title
 at
org.apache.struts.taglib.bean.MessageTag.doStartTag(MessageTag.java:242)
 at /index.jsp._jspService(/index.jsp.java:52) (JSP page line 8)
 at com.orionserver[Orion/1.5.2 (build
10460)].http.OrionHttpJspPage.service(Unknown Source)
 at com.evermind[Orion/1.5.2 (build 10460)]._ah._rad(Unknown Source)
 at com.evermind[Orion/1.5.2 (build
10460)].server.http.JSPServlet.service(Unknown Source)
 at com.evermind[Orion/1.5.2 (build 10460)]._cxb._abe(Unknown Source)
 at com.evermind[Orion/1.5.2 (build 10460)]._cxb._uec(Unknown Source)
 at com.evermind[Orion/1.5.2 (build 10460)]._io._twc(Unknown Source)
 at com.evermind[Orion/1.5.2 (build 10460)]._io._gc(Unknown Source)
 at com.evermind[Orion/1.5.2 (build 10460)]._if.run(Unknown Source)

Any ideas about what could be wrong.

I have looked at the configuration files and everything seems to be
according to the documentation.

thanks,
Nicky