Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Darren Scott <da...@darrenscott.com> on 2002/12/07 21:10:49 UTC

[betwixt] info on .betwixt files, "add" methods, and CyclicReferenceExceptions

I'm just starting to use betwixt for serializing beans to XML for later
transformation into XHTML using XSLT. Things are generally working OK so
far, although getting it to work was a lot of trial and error
(particularly because I couldn't find good information about how to use
the .betwixt files anywhere!).

Can anyone please answer the following questions:

1) Is there a complete reference for how to use .betwixt files? I've
seen the overview and FAQ betwixt project pages, but nothing else in
detail.

2) How does betwixt use "add" methods exactly? What use are they to
betwixt? What relation do they have to the "get" methods?

3) I seem to get CyclicReferenceExceptions when I don't expect to. Maybe
it's my misunderstanding of what a graph cycle is, but I took it to mean
when you get into an infinite cycle with references e.g. A refers to B,
B refers to C, C refers to A, A refers to B etc. I get these exceptions
raised when I have a collection containing multiple references to the
same object. I wouldn't have expected this situation to be treated as a
cycle.

Thanks,

Darren Scott