Posted to dev@marmotta.apache.org by Sergio Fernández <se...@salzburgresearch.at> on 2014/02/03 11:53:18 UTC

Re: Marmotta at GSoC 2014

although it is not int he official timeline [1], internally within the
ASF ideas to GSoC 2014 should be submitted no later than 2014-02-10
19:00 UTC. I've adding some things [2], but we should discuss priorities
and ideas than could fit in the call.

[1] http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/events/google/gsoc2014
[2] http://s.apache.org/gsoc2014ideas

--
Sergio Fernández
Senior Researcher

Re: LDP Sprint, planning meeting

Posted by Nandana Mihindukulasooriya <na...@gmail.com>.
I probably won't make it today to the meeting neither but I will keep track
through the minutes.

Meanwhile, yesterday in the call the editors of the spec informed that all
the resolutions are incorporated to the spec. So it is quite close to the
final version. These two weeks are for the WG members to review the spec.

Best Regards,
Nandana

On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 11:09 AM, Sergio Fernández <
sergio.fernandez@salzburgresearch.at> wrote:

> OK, given the tight time, not so many people joined the meeting. So we've
> decided to postpone it for tomorrow, Tue Feb 11th at 12.00 CET (same place).
>
> In the meantime we have quite a lot of information to read :-)
>
> Meeting minutes available at http://wilderness.apache.org/
> archives/apachemarmotta-10_02_2014-188.html
>

> On 10/02/14 10:24, Sergio Fernández wrote:
>
>> Our (Jakob and I) idea was to dedicate the full week to work on the LDP
>> implementation. I've created a branch for it in our repository.
>>
>> Nandana (UPM) has showed interest, but I don't have his confirmation.
>> Antonio (Zaizi) has contacted me in relation of this for the GSoC. And
>> maybe other would be interested. So, for allowing others to join us in
>> the sprint, even if there are not physically here, we'll coordinate it
>> via Jira.
>>
>> But I think is good to have a briefing meeting. I proposed to have it
>> NOW at IRC:
>>
>>    time: 10:30 CET, Mon Feb 10, 2014
>>    server: irc.freenode.net
>>    channel: #apachemarmotta
>>
>> So everybody is welcomed ;-)
>>

> --
> Sergio Fernández
> Senior Researcher
> Knowledge and Media Technologies
> Salzburg Research Forschungsgesellschaft mbH
> Jakob-Haringer-Straße 5/3 | 5020 Salzburg, Austria
> T: +43 662 2288 318 | M: +43 660 2747 925
> sergio.fernandez@salzburgresearch.at
> http://www.salzburgresearch.at

--
Best Regards,
Nandana Mihindukulasooriya

Re: LDP Sprint, planning meeting

Posted by Sergio Fernández <se...@salzburgresearch.at>.

Re: Marmotta at GSoC 2014

Posted by Sergio Fernández <se...@salzburgresearch.at>.

On 07/02/14 14:13, Nandana Mihindukulasooriya wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 3, 2014 at 5:59 PM, Sergio Fernández wrote:
>> Jakob and myself have been discussed it, and we're planning to do a
>> development sprint the whole following week, where I hope we can get the
>> core parts implemented. Contributions from other to this sprint would be
>> welcomed, we'll coordinate it through Jira.
>
> That is great news. I would definitely be happy to contribute in this
> space.

That would be great!

What about of having a sprint planning meeting at IRC (#apachemarmotta @
irc.freenode.net)? I propose Mon Feb 10 at 10:30 (CET).

> Therefore I'm not sure how to focus this with respect to GSoC... Maybe we
>> can try to outline some of the tasks around, and while we focus on the
>> core, propose some of them to the GSoC. For instance, some things that I
>> can think:
>>
>> * LDP Clients: Java, PHP, Python, Javascript, etc...
>> * LDP Test Suite in Java
>>

> Yes, that makes sense. A set of LDP clients would be a good addition.

OK, I'll file those ideas on jira.

Cheers,

Re: Marmotta at GSoC 2014

Posted by Nandana Mihindukulasooriya <na...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sergio,

Re: Marmotta at GSoC 2014

Posted by Sergio Fernández <se...@salzburgresearch.at>.
Hi Nandana,

On 03/02/14 17:44, Nandana Mihindukulasooriya wrote:
> During today's call there was a discussion about potential LDP
> implementations and the Maramotta came up too. The spec is supposed to be
> stable in one or two weeks and it needs at least 3 implementations for each
> feature on it's way to a recommendation. I know this is on Sergio's backlog
> but I though this might also be a good idea for a GSoC project bootstrap
> LDP support in Marmotta with the guidance from Sergio. I can also provide
> guidance from the spec point of view. WDYT ?

Now everything comes at the same time ;-)

I've been following the discussions through the mailing list, but in the
last months it has been very hard for me to actively participate in the
WG; apologize for that. But this month we have started to work at
Salzburg Research in a new EU project (Fusepool P3,
http://www.fusepool.eu) where we have the resources to finally implement
LDP in Marmotta now that the specification is stable.

Jakob and myself have been discussed it, and we're planning to do a
development sprint the whole following week, where I hope we can get the
core parts implemented. Contributions from other to this sprint would be
welcomed, we'll coordinate it through Jira.

Therefore I'm not sure how to focus this with respect to GSoC... Maybe
we can try to outline some of the tasks around, and while we focus on
the core, propose some of them to the GSoC. For instance, some things
that I can think:

* LDP Clients: Java, PHP, Python, Javascript, etc...
* LDP Test Suite in Java

But there could be more... What do you think?

Re: Marmotta at GSoC 2014

Posted by Nandana Mihindukulasooriya <na...@gmail.com>.
Hi Devs,

During today's call there was a discussion about potential LDP
implementations and the Maramotta came up too. The spec is supposed to be
stable in one or two weeks and it needs at least 3 implementations for each
feature on it's way to a recommendation. I know this is on Sergio's backlog
but I though this might also be a good idea for a GSoC project bootstrap
LDP support in Marmotta with the guidance from Sergio. I can also provide
guidance from the spec point of view. WDYT ?

Best Regards,
Nandana

On Mon, Feb 3, 2014 at 11:53 AM, Sergio Fernández <