Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Roland Asmann <Ro...@cfc.at> on 2006/10/27 13:33:09 UTC

Tobago TabGroups & Tabs

Hi,

For my current project, I would like to have some more dynamics in the number
of Tabs I show in my TabGroup. I already found a way to dynamically enlarge
or shrink the number of shown Tabs, and also a way to create a drop-down to
show the currently non-rendered Tabs.
The thing is, I would like to show this drop-down on the right-most side NEXT
TO the rendered Tabs (modelled after Eclipse). The question is, can this be
done and if so, how?

Thanks for any help!

--
Roland Asmann

Software Entwickler

CFC Informationssysteme Entwicklungsgesellschaft m.b.H
Bäckerstrasse 1/2/7
A-1010 Wien
FN 266155f, Handelsgericht Wien

Tel.: +43/1/513 88 77 - 27
Fax.: +43/1/513 88 62
Email: Roland.Asmann@cfc.at
Web: www.cfc.at

Re: Tobago TabGroups & Tabs

Posted by Bernd Bohmann <be...@atanion.com>.
Hello Roland,

this is on my wish list, too.
Can you add a jira feature request for this, please.
I think this should be included in the TabGroupRenderer.

Regards

Bernd

Re: how to format timestamp in jsps in Tobago?

Posted by Bernd Bohmann <be...@atanion.com>.
Hello Christian,

you can use a standard converter

for example:

<tc:out value="#{mybean.startTimestamp}" >
   <f:convertDateTime pattern="MM/dd/yyyy />
</tc:out>

See:
http://java.sun.com/javaee/5/docs/tutorial/doc/JSFPage7.html#wp127641

There is one issue with the dateTimeConverter, the default TimeZone of
the dateTimeConverter is GMT not System default.

See this thread:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/myfaces-users/200509.mbox/%3Cd045fe00e04a7914a92cb4732abeff74@mac.com%3E

http://java.sun.com/javaee/javaserverfaces/1.2/docs/api/javax/faces/convert/DateTimeConverter.html

the 1.2 docs clarify the usage of the timezone.

Regards

Bernd

Posted by Ch...@nordlb-it.de.