Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Scott Bennett <fr...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/07 23:48:20 UTC

Please help. Having problems with Calc

My wife has used Calc for years to keep track of highly detailed tax data
for our business. This week she was entering info on a certain sheet (she
has multiple sheets) and it was entering that same info on sheet number
one. When she deleted a row from sheet number 3, it deleted it from sheet
number 1. We lost a bunch of data this way...actually all of the sheets are
behaving as one sheet. Please let me know how we resolve this. This is a
fresh install of OO on a Windows 10 laptop.

Thanks
Scot

--
Fresh Day Music
Scott Michael Bennett

Re: Please help. Having problems with Calc

Posted by Regina Henschel <rb...@t-online.de>.
Hi Scott,

Scott Bennett schrieb:
> My wife has used Calc for years to keep track of highly detailed tax data
> for our business. This week she was entering info on a certain sheet (she
> has multiple sheets) and it was entering that same info on sheet number
> one. When she deleted a row from sheet number 3, it deleted it from sheet
> number 1. We lost a bunch of data this way...actually all of the sheets are
> behaving as one sheet. Please let me know how we resolve this. This is a
> fresh install of OO on a Windows 10 laptop.

Perhaps you had accidentally selected all sheets? You should try
work-flow again with a test document.

Kind regards
Regina

Re: Please help. Having problems with Calc

Posted by nasrin khaksar <na...@gmail.com>.
hello.
i encourage you to make backup from your essential documents.
did you try undo for your unwanted changes to return to its previous
normal states?
thanks so much for your asking.
hope that helps and god bless you.

On 4/8/16, Dan Lewis <el...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 04/07/2016 05:48 PM, Scott Bennett wrote:
>> My wife has used Calc for years to keep track of highly detailed tax data
>> for our business. This week she was entering info on a certain sheet (she
>> has multiple sheets) and it was entering that same info on sheet number
>> one. When she deleted a row from sheet number 3, it deleted it from sheet
>> number 1. We lost a bunch of data this way...actually all of the sheets
>> are
>> behaving as one sheet. Please let me know how we resolve this. This is a
>> fresh install of OO on a Windows 10 laptop.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Scot
>>
>     This is one reason why you should have used a database for your record.
>
> Dan

holy quran, chapter 7, verse 157.
al-islam.org

Re: Please help. Having problems with Calc

Posted by Dan Lewis <el...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martin Groenescheij <ma...@groenescheij.com>.
If you have selected multiple sheets either by purpose or accidentally data entries or changes are done on all selected sheets.
This can be handy if you like to enter formulas on multiple sheets, but as you experienced it can be a disaster when you're not aware of it.

Sent from my mobile device.