Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Ben Avery <be...@youthnet.org> on 2006/03/16 16:11:30 UTC

comment authenticaion

is it working for anyone in Roller 2.1?

the code seems to have been removed, but the default roller.properties
has the authenticator set to
comment.authenticator.classname=org.roller.presentation.velocity.MathCommentAuthenticator

which is the 'what is 21 + 13' question to stop blogbots, but the method
getCommentAuthenticatorHtml() in the PageHelper class returns nothing,
having its code commented out, so authentication always fails!

for now, comments can be entered by changing this to
comment.authenticator.classname=org.roller.presentation.velocity.DefaultAuthenticator

which doesn't perform any authentication, and always returns true. so
we're at the mercy of the bots!

¿que pasa?

--

Ben Avery
Software Developer

email: ben.avery@youthnet.org
phone: 020 7288 7333
snail: 2-3 Upper Street
        London N1 0PQ

Re: comment authenticaion

Posted by Ben Avery <be...@youthnet.org>.
apologies for the confusion, and thanks for the clarification.
I've modified some of the source code and templates, and had to preseve
these changes in the upgrade, and was mistakenly using the old version
of comments.vm

Re: comment authenticaion

Posted by Oscar del Rio <de...@mie.utoronto.ca>.

Re: comment authenticaion

Posted by Matt Raible <mr...@gmail.com>.
Is it?  I'm using the MathCommentAuthenticator on my site - and it
works, but it's not Ajaxified as far as I can tell.

Matt

Re: comment authenticaion

Posted by Lance Lavandowska <la...@gmail.com>.