Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by César Hernández Mendoza <ce...@gmail.com> on 2018/11/28 20:22:23 UTC

MicroProfile dependency matrix.

Hi,

While working on an issue with MP rest client on current TomEE master, I
invested a couple of hours understanding how the relationship between
MicroProfile boom, rest-client jar and cxf versions worked all together.

From Tomee pom file [1] I was able to quickly identify how current master
is structured, but then the journey to check releases and correlations
started and I was navigating around CXF release notes, JIRA, MP github
release pages, rest-client releases etc.

I think it would be nice to have a dev-oriented documentation that can save
us time in the future. I bet that I'm not the first and either the last one
that will need to invest time navigating in a similar issue with another MP
related specification, release and implementation.
If you agree with the documentation initiative, Where can I publish this
Release Matrix I started to build and that we all can expand for all the MP
projects?

Microprofile           MP Rest client             CXF

MicroProfile (2.2) -> Rest Client (1.2)  -> 3.2.7, (3.2.8) 3.3.0
MicroProfile 2.1   -> Rest Client 1.1     -> 3.2.6, 3.3.0
MicroProfile 2.0.1 -> Rest Client 1.1    -> 3.2.6, 3.3.0
MicroProfile 2.0   -> Rest Client 1.1    -> 3.2.6, 3.3.0
MicroProfile 1.4   -> Rest Client 1.1    -> 3.2.6, 3.3.0
                   -> Rest Client 1.0.1  ->
MicroProfile 1.3   -> Rest Client 1.0    -> 3.2.2

() Indicates there are not yet released at the time of this matrix was
written.

[1] https://github.com/apache/tomee/blob/master/pom.xml#L200-L218
--
Atentamente:
César Hernández Mendoza.

Re: Strange error starting Arquillian Test

Posted by César Hernández Mendoza <ce...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alex,

I'm having this same stranger error,  when you said "remove everything in
root directory" what exactly do you mean?
Deleted everything in git/tomee/ ?   the root directory of the test you
were executing?  somewhere /tmp/... ?

> Yes I had write permission what I did is just debug tomee adapter and
> remove everything in root directory El 27 ene. 2017 2:31 p. m., "Romain
> Manni-Bucau" <rm...@gmail.com>
> escribió:

Hi Alex

do you have write perms in this folder?

think it can help to set in arquillian.xml tomee container:

<property name="dir">target/arquillian-tomee-server</property>

<property name="appWorkingDir">target/arquillian-tomee-apps</property>

Romain Manni-Bucau @rmannibucau <https://twitter.com/rmannibucau> | Blog <
https://blog-rmannibucau.rhcloud.com> | Old Blog <
http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com> | Github <https://github.com/
rmannibucau> | LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/rmannibucau> | JavaEE
Factory <https://javaeefactory-rmannibucau.rhcloud.com>

Hi, I am trying to run an Arquillian Test using remote adapter and I am
getting this exception:

Jan 27, 2017 2:27:34 PM org.apache.openejb.arquillian.common.Setup findHome
INFO: Unable to find home in:
/var/folders/xd/_pglfgy97snfpv5pfd74qjtr0000gn/ T/arquillian-apache-tomee/
apache-tomee-7.0.2-webprofile.zip Jan 27, 2017 2:27:35 PM
org.apache.tomee.arquillian.remote.RemoteTomEEContainer start SEVERE:
Unable to start remote container
org.jboss.shrinkwrap.api.exporter.ArchiveExportException: *File could not
be created*: /var/folders/xd/_pglfgy97snfpv5pfd74qjtr0000gn/
T/arquillian-apache-tomee/
apache-tomee-webprofile-7.0.2/lib/xx-arquillian-tomee-bean- discoverer.jar
at org.jboss.shrinkwrap.impl.base.exporter.AbstractStreamExporterImpl.
getOutputStreamToFile(AbstractStreamExporterImpl.java:95) at
org.jboss.shrinkwrap.impl.base.exporter.AbstractStreamExporterImpl.
exportTo(AbstractStreamExporterImpl.java:144)

Any idea?

Re: MicroProfile dependency matrix.

Posted by Daniel Cunha <da...@apache.org>.
Hi Cesar,

that is really nice, I believe which we can push it to the website on
documentation section. :)

--
Daniel "soro" Cunha
https://twitter.com/dvlc_