Posted to dev@sqoop.apache.org by "arvind@cloudera.com" <ar...@cloudera.com> on 2011/07/23 20:44:21 UTC

[ACTION REQUIRED] Sqoop Transition

The Sqoop transition to Apache infrastructure is almost complete. Here
is what we have done so far:

* Sqoop code is migrated to Apache SVN. It is available at [1].
* Sqoop issues will now be tracked in Apache Jira, available at [2].
* Official wiki for Sqoop project in Apache is available at [3].

ACTION REQUIRED: Mailing Lists
The Cloudera mailing lists are deprecated in favor of Apache Mailing lists.
* Deprecated Lists: sqoop-user@cloudera.org, sqoop-dev@cloudera.org
* New Lists: sqoop-user@incubator.apache.org, sqoop-dev@incubator.apache.org

Please subscribe to the new Apache Sqoop mailing lists for all project
related discussions. To subscribe to the Apache mailing lists send
email to the following addresses:

* For user list, send a mail to: incubator-sqoop-user-subscribe@apache.org
* For developer list, send a mail to: incubator-sqoop-dev-subscribe@apache.org
* For commit list, send a mail to: incubator-sqoop-commits-subscribe@apache.org

This information is also available on the Wiki at [4].

ACTION REQUIRED: Jira Transition
Currently, Cloudera Jira is in read-only mode. The Apache Jira [2] is
available in read-write mode and can be used to create new issues as
necessary. Issues below SQOOP-301 will continue to exist in Cloudera
Jira whereas new issues created in Apache Jira will begin at SQOOP-301
and above. In the next few days we will announce the process by which
existing issues in Cloudera Jira can be carried forward. In the
meantime, please use the project mailing lists to carry issue related
discussions for issues logged in Cloudera Jira.

[1]: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/sqoop/
[2]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SQOOP
[3]: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SQOOP/Home
[4]: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SQOOP/Mailing+Lists

Thanks for your support and patience through this transition.

Regards,
Arvind Prabhakar

Re: [ACTION REQUIRED] Sqoop Transition

Posted by "arvind@cloudera.com" <ar...@cloudera.com>.
NOTE: This information is also available on Sqoop Wiki at [7]

Jira Transition (continued):

The Cloudera hosted Sqoop Jira [5] is now in a limited read/write mode
with following restrictions:
* New issues cannot be created in this Jira.
* Files cannot be attached to issues existing in this Jira.

Please use Apache hosted Sqoop Jira [2] to create new issues
henceforth. For providing patches for issues existing in Cloudera
Jira, please do the following:
* File a new issue in Apache hosted Jira with complete details
regarding the issue that you are providing patch for.
* Attach your patch to this newly created Jira.
* Please do not create an issue that back link to Cloudera hosted
Jira. Instead you may provide a reference to the Apache Jira as a
comment on the original issue. This will allow all interested parties
to carry the conversation over to the Apache hosted Jira.

Code reviews should be posted on Apache hosted Review Board available at [6].

[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SQOOP
[5] https://issues.cloudera.org/browse/SQOOP
[6] https://reviews.apache.org/
[7] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SQOOP/Transition+from+Cloudera