Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by Jacob Champion <ch...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/05 00:11:48 UTC

New manual page: override class index

Hi all,

There's a new manual page up for your opinions and review:

     https://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/mod/overrides.html

The motivation is to give admins a solid list of exactly what they're
letting users do when they write "AllowOverride <whatever>". The class
lists are generated from the directive documentation.

Be sure to svn-update your build folder to pull in the additional
dependency and exclusion logic!

--Jacob

Re: New manual page: override class index

Posted by Jacob Champion <ch...@gmail.com>.
On 05/05/2017 01:27 AM, André Malo wrote:
> Nice idea!

Thank you!

> Is it possible to stick to standard XSLT? The idea in the past was that you
> can also show it using a simple browser, for example (i.e. not depending the
> transformation on a specific toolset).

Hmm, I hadn't realized that was still a requirement. Firefox can't
handle the DTDs, but it looks like Chromium still can?

So I didn't make the decision to use EXSLT lightly, but here are the
things I (thought I) needed:

- the ability to split up the override strings (str:split())
- the ability to join up all the override classes and get the set of the
ones that were different (set:distinct())

Once I decided I didn't know how to do those two things in any
maintainable way (I'm not an XSLT guy), I added func: and exslt: to
clean up and make things more readable. Figured I might as well make use
of Xalan if I was coupling to it anyway. :D

Any ideas on how to turn that into vanilla XSLT 1.0 are more than
welcome! (Or if you want to check in fixes directly, the backport branch
is ^/httpd/httpd/branches/trunk-override-index .) My primary goal is
zero duplication of any of the directive documentation -- the page
should index all that by itself.

Posted by Daniel Ferradal <df...@apache.org>.
Awesome doc, I often missed this.

Will add it to my translation Spanish queue as soon as I finish the current
one I'm working in.

Cheers

--
*Daniel Ferradal*
HTTPD Docs. I translate to Spanish.

Re: New manual page: override class index

Posted by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de>.
* Jacob Champion wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> There's a new manual page up for your opinions and review:
>
>      https://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/mod/overrides.html
>
> The motivation is to give admins a solid list of exactly what they're
> letting users do when they write "AllowOverride <whatever>". The class
> lists are generated from the directive documentation.
>
> Be sure to svn-update your build folder to pull in the additional
> dependency and exclusion logic!

Nice idea!

Is it possible to stick to standard XSLT? The idea in the past was that you
can also show it using a simple browser, for example (i.e. not depending the
transformation on a specific toolset).

Cheers,
--
"Umfassendes Werk (auch fuer Umsteiger vom Apache 1.3)"
                                          -- aus einer Rezension

<http://pub.perlig.de/books.html#apache2>