Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Luis Taveras <lt...@hotmail.com> on 2011/12/11 05:48:34 UTC

Nutch-1.2 with Bing API

Hi all,
I've been hanging around the community in the background for a few months now using and browsing the Nutch-1.2 source code. Nutch is a wonderful software many thanks to the Nutch Dev team and the community for this wonderful software.
This is my situation:
I have a working copy of the Nutch-1.2 binary source code. I managed to set it up for whole web crawl Bootstrapping from the DMOZ database as per the pre Nutch-1.3 wiki. Also I have integrated my copy with Solr as per Sami Siren blog at Lucid Imagination site this is a very nice combination. I am pleased with Nutch-1.2 and I dont' want to upgrade to Nutch 1.3. Now I want to integrated the Bing API into my copy of Nutch-1.2. But I don't know how to do this. I've been reading about the Nutch plug in architecture and follow some examples also found tons of information on the web about Nutch but could find nothing that could help me.
My questions are:
what would be the best way to go about to implement the Bing API?Should I attempt to write a plugin and point my plugin.xml file extensions to the existing extension-points? And which core extension-points should I use?Or should I attempted to hard code the Bing API source into the existing Nutch Java at  nutch-1.2.src\src\java\org\apache\nutch\searcher?
I am looking for some guidance. Any help  or helpful links that can help me to accomplish this will be appreciated.
Thanks

RE: Nutch-1.2 with Bing API