Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Deep M Mistry <De...@infosys.com> on 2006/05/18 13:57:21 UTC

Using Maven behind a proxy.

I'm having a tough time creating an archetype using Maven 2.0.4
I've attached the error trace in a txt file.
I'm behind a firewall and this is how my settings.xml look like,

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<settings>
  <proxies>
    <proxy>
      <active/>
      <protocol>http</protocol>
      <username>user</username>
      <password>password</password>
      <port>80</port>
      <host>ip-address</host>
    </proxy>
  </proxies>
</settings>

I cannot figure out whats wrong with current set-up.
Any pointers would be greatly apprreciated.

Thanks.

RE: FW: FW: Using Maven behind a proxy.

Posted by Jakub Pawlowicz <co...@jakubpawlowicz.com>.
Hi,

Thanks for your project details.
While reading Maven output something came to my mind. According to Google, the
response string you're getting when accessing Maven2 respository, ie:
<BODY>
<H1>Error</H1>
FW-1' - RETRYING

comes from the FW-1 router/firewall which is blocking the access to the
requested page.

Please, try to go to the http://mirrors.dotsrc.org/maven2 using your browser.
If you get the same error, try to access other mirrors through browser, and
use the working one. If all of them are blocked, you have to contact your
network administrator to help you resolve this problem.

Hope this helps,
Regards,
Jakub

On Mon, 22 May 2006 00:03:28 -0400, Mistry, Deep M wrote

Posted by "Mistry, Deep M" <de...@bankofamerica.com>.
Here is my pom.xml
I'm trying to compile a plain JAVA file, so i guess no need for dependencies.

<project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"

Posted by Jakub Pawlowicz <co...@jakubpawlowicz.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Jakub Pawlowicz <co...@jakubpawlowicz.com>.