Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Nicholas Quaine <qu...@jpmorgan.com> on 2001/02/01 17:46:36 UTC

Making VB talk to Apache

All,

has anyone out there managed to make a Visual Basic client (Microsoft SOAP
Toolkit v2.0) which exploits a WSDL file work against a SOAP
server implemented with Apache SOAP 2.0 or 2.1 ?

I have made a VB client work against an Apache SOAP server by exploiting the low
 level API (ie. manipulating the soap envelope directly on the VB
side to include the xsi:type param) but would like to get it working by
exploiting the high level API / WSDL file.

Apparently Apache SOAP 2.1 has "Reduced dependency on xsi:type for
deserialization" - but I haven't yet seen how. examples...
1) If I take my VB client written with a low level API and remove the code which
 inserts the xsi:type line into the envelope, I get a server side
error : "No Deserializer found" for my 'type' (actually my method's parameter
name) - see actual error message below.
2) If I use the high level API and exploit a wsdl file I get the same error

No Deserializer found to deserialize a ':imntType' using encoding style
'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/'.

many thanks for any help you can provide
I can be reached at quaine_nicholas@jpmorgan.com

Nick Quaine

do not necessarily reflect those of J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. Incorporated, its
subsidiaries and affiliates.