Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Amedeo Zottola <am...@noema.it> on 2002/10/02 17:12:55 UTC

[control.xreg]
Hi to all,

my issue is to render two portlet using two different templates.
I saw that default template is "jetspeed.vm" defined into the file
"control.xreg" ( TitlePortletControl ) .

So, i add a new portlet-control-entry in control.xreg file :

  <portlet-control-entry name="MyPortletControl">

<classname>org.apache.jetspeed.portal.controls.VelocityPortletControl</c
lassname>
    <parameter name="theme" value="myPortletTemplate.vm"/>
      <title>My Customized Title Control Template</title>
    <media-type ref="html"/>
    <media-type ref="wml"/>
  </portlet-control-entry>

and now?!
How can i use my new portlet-control-entry and where?!

Thanks,
Amedeoz.

RE: [control.xreg] Posted by Mark Orciuch <ma...@ngsltd.com>.
Amedeo,

You would use your new control in psml:

        <entry id="P-ef3df3cd99-10002" parent="DatabaseBrowserTest">
		<control name="MyPortletControl"/>
            <parameter name="sql" value="select login_name from
turbine_user"/>
            <parameter name="windowSize" value="5"/>
        </entry>

For now, you have to manually set the control in psml. It would be nice if
this could be done via customizer (perhaps it will be possible in the near
future). Or if you want this control to be your default control, then set
the following property in jr.props:

services.PortalToolkit.default.control=MyPortletControl

Best regards,

Mark C. Orciuch
Next Generation Solutions, Ltd.
e-Mail: mark_orciuch@ngsltd.com